Let’s be honest – having cat or dog urine on your carpet stinks. Figuratively and literally. You love your animal to bits, but the stench of their urine on your carpets is something you and your home can really do without. You even avoid having your friends over, so they don’t judge you on your lack of training your furry friend. After all, it’s not Fluffy’s fault – when you gotta go, you gotta go! That’s not even mentioning the constant layer of thick hair that has formed on your carpets. If you wanted a fur rug, you’d go out and buy one. To really get the stench, stain, hair, and embarrassment out of your carpets, you’re better off investing in a long-term home-solution that will work for years to come. With so many options out there, we’ve rounded up some of the best carpet cleaner for pets options on the market.
How to Choose the Best Carpet Cleaner for Pet Stains
Up first is our Top 5 Best Carpet Cleaners for Pets section. We’ve done the shopping for you, and have but all of the best options in an easy to browse shopping guide. Read through our portable carpet cleaner reviews, and see if one of them fits your needs as a pet owner.
Before you make your final decision, you can read through our sections below that detail some of the things you should look for in a carpet cleaner for pets. This might help you narrow down what features and benefits are most valuable to you.
The Best Carpet Cleaner for Pets
Now that you know what to look for, let’s take a look at our top 5 favorite carpet cleaners:
This Bissell pet carpet cleaner is arguably the best spot carpet cleaner for pet stains. his nifty machine is as powerful as it is portable. Easy to carry around, its greatest feature is its built-in Professional Spot Cleaner, which removes the toughest stains from carpets and upholstery in a jiffy. It is corded, but the long hose will help you reach multiple areas at once.
Calling the Rug Doctor! While this machine is a tad bit pricier, you’re paying for the powerful punch it packs in terms of suction. If that doesn’t do the trick, flick the switch on the Super Boost Spray function. This revolutionary feature allows you to customize your clean to suit high-traffic and heavily soiled areas.
With its own patented Spin Brush Technology, this impressive carpet cleaner has five 360 degrees counter-rotating brush-heads. The antimicrobial brushes gently wash and scrub your carpets from all angles, and even prevents future odor and bacteria growth. The best part? The brush head is easily removable to give it a thorough cleaning.
Best Budget Pet Cleaner
Bissell is one of the top brands in terms of the best carpet cleaner for pets out there. Continually revolutionizing their machines, they have designed this machine to include Heatwave Technology. When you add warm water to the carpet cleaner, it maintains the temperature throughout the cleaning process. And it has 12 rows of dual rotating power brushes. Did we forget to mention it has a 3-year warranty?
Last but certainly not least, Rug Doctor’s Mighty Pro X3 is perfect for areas larger than the average home. Though a bit pricier than our other favorites, this powerful machine has two separate water tanks and a Vibrating Cleaning Brush to lift even the most stubborn of dirt from the carpet. By extracting water from the carpet, it leaves your carpets near-dry and spotless. Goodbye pet stain!
Benefits of Carpet Cleaner for Pets
Now that we’ve spilled on the beans on our picks for the best carpet cleaner machine for pet stains, let’s take a look at why pet carpet cleaners are your new best friend (after your actual pet of course).
- They’re made for the job. If you’ve tried using a traditional vacuum cleaner to suck up hair, you’ll know that it doesn’t work quite like you want it to. The hair gets tangled into the brush at the end of the vacuum cleaner, or is actually driven more into your carpet (have fun getting that out). Carpet cleaner machines for pets are fitted with silicon brushes so that every last hair is sucked up, not tangled in mess.
- They’ve got oomph. Packing quite the punch, the suction system on these machines are a lot more powerful than your average hoover. They suck up hair (and any other nasty business) like there’s no tomorrow, and neatly store it in a nice little container for you to empty out later. Nifty!
- No more scrubbing. We’ve all been there- on our knees, sweating, swearing and scrubbing, while pouring copious amounts of stain removing chemicals on our brand new carpet. Making this dirty job a much cleaner and faster one, certain pet carpet cleaner machines come with special nozzles and attachments specifically designed to thoroughly clean out pet stains. They suck, rinse and wash any stains with a warm water solution and special tiny brushes.
What to Consider
Before you go out and buy your new carpet cleaner for pets, take a look at our list of things to consider before investing:
- Maneuverability: If you need to really get into some tiny spaces, opt for a carpet cleaner with a canister vacuum. These type of vacuum cleaners can move around with great ease and are designed to reach every corner of your home.
- Weight: If you have a large home and your pet is free to roam, rather go for a lighter machine that is easy for you to carry around. A lighter compact pet carpet cleaner will also save you some pain going up and down the stairs, so take that into consideration.
- Capacity: One dog, two dogs, three dogs, four? The more dogs you have, the more hair you’ll have to deal with… and the more capacity your carpet cleaner needs. Factor in how often you’re planning to clear the garbage bag as well. If you’re lucky enough to have a breed that doesn’t shed, count your lucky stars.
- Motor: The heavier your carpeting, the heavier you should go in terms of motor power. A really powerful motor is great for sucking up those heavier materials like mud, feces and vomit. While compact cleaners are lighter and easier to maneuver, they don’t have the same power as their full-sized companions.